Tips for a Successful Loan Transaction
The Do's and Don'ts of the Mortgage Process
There have been many changes in the mortgage industry over the past few years. You will find the process requires a lot of documentation and is more involved than ever. Lenders must document all of your financials in order to provide loan approval. It is our goal to request all of the information needed from you up-front, or as soon as we identify something is needed. In addition to providing your documentation early in the process, following the tips below will also help to create a successful home loan process.
- Ask questions: we want to be sure you fully understand the loan you are obtaining and how the process will work.
- Send requested documents to us ASAP.
- Update us on any changes to your application; employment, income, marital status, available assets, current liabilities, etc.
- Keep all updated pay stubs and bank statements accessible throughout the entire process; from prequalification to the day your loan closes.
- Write your earnest money check from your bank account as it will need to be documented.
- Make all payments on time (i.e. mortgage, auto, credit cards, etc).
- Make any large non-payroll deposits or transfer money between your accounts. All movements of money and deposits must be tracked.
- Make any cash deposits into your accounts or use cash for your earnest money deposit. Cash is not an acceptable source of funds.
- Be late on any payments.
- Close or open up any new credit, increase credit card balances, or have your credit pulled. This may affect your credit score.
- Payoff collection accounts without talking with us first.
- Change jobs even at the same or higher pay rate as this can affect your loan approval.
While this may seem intense, I’ve found it’s easier to provide this information early in the process. In doing so, our clients understand what is needed and partner with us to help create a fluid home loan process. My team and I look forward to working with you, so please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification on any of these points.
Home Buyer Tips
- 2 Myths That May Be Holding You Back From Buying
- 5 Reasons Home Ownership is a Good Financial Investment
- Do’s and Don’ts During The Loan Process
- FHA 90 Day Property Flip Waiver
- Getting a Mortgage: Why So Much Paperwork?
- How to know if it’s a condo?
- Look for a Luxury Home? Now’s The Time To Act!
- Ready To Make An Offer? 4 Tips For Success
- The Perfect Home Loan Application
- What You Need To Know About VA Loans
- Condo Loans - Low Down Payment
- How We Safe Guard Your Information
- Mortgage Insurance
- Niche - Unique Mortgages
- Path 2 Buy
- Rent vs. Buy
- Rising Rent - No Problem
- Student Loan Debt
- The Mortgage Process
- USDA-Wide Open Spaces
- FHA “Back-To-Work: Extenuating Circumstances” Program
- FHA 203k Streamline Rehab Loan
- HomeStyle Renovation
- HUD-184 Native American Program
- Jumbo Loans
- Veterans Assistance Loan Benefits
- Reverse Mortgage
- 3 Reasons Why First-Time Home Buyers Love FHA
- FHA - Home Ownership Opportunities
- FasTrac Approval Process
- Home Ready Program
- Jumbo Plus Loans
- Loan Programs - Pros & Cons
- How Low Interest Rates Increase Your Purchasing Power
- The Power of Pre-Approval for Agents
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed?
- Why Pre-Approval Should Be Your First Step
- Delayed Financing Options
- Discount Points vs Premium Pricing
- Duplex Financing Options
- FICO Scores
- Flipped Property Finance Options
- Jumbo - Credit Challenged
- No Lender Fees
- Union Advantage
- FHA - Benefits
- FHA - Credit Requirements
- FHA - Limited Savings
- FHA - Refinance
- Family Opportunity Program
- Fannie Mae - 97% LTV
- HomeScout: Your Unfair Advantage
- Jumbo - Medical Loan Program
- Luxury Home - 2 Million Max
- NHF Platinum - Down Payment Assistance
- Non-Resident Alien Home Loan